In the plastics processing field operates ASPAPLAST – the Romanian Plastics Processor Employers’ Association, established in 1992, as a non-governmental and non-political organization.
ASPAPLAST is also a non-profit and autonomous organization, working for the benefit of the Romanian companies running in the plastics processing business.
ASPAPLAST members are mainly private companies:
- processing a wide range of plastics materials;
- manufacturing and distributing - in the interest of plastic manufacturersraw materials, additives and masterbatches but also
- suppliers and traders of machinery, equipment and spare parts necessary for plastics processing as well as other plastic- related companies:
- consulting institutes, recyclers, R&D, education instuitutes for the plastics field.
Our members are:
- manufacturers of various articles using injection, extrusion and blow molding technologies (40%);
- suppliers and distributors of equipment, machines and auxiliares for plastics processing (30%);
- distributors of compounding and technical thermoplastics (17%);
- distributors of recycled raw materials and equipments for plastics recycling (10%);
- high education-research institutes (3%).
- to represent, promote and defend the professional interests of our members in front of central and local state authorities, as well as an interface for our members;
- to support, promote and encourage fair competition in order to ensure equal chances to each of our members;
- to represent the Romanian plastics industry at various international fairs and events;
- to participate at development of a coherent legislation in the plastics sector;
- to support the business community in the process of complying the relevant EU legislation on the plastics industry.
ASPAPLAST is member of:
- European Association of Plastics Manufacturers (PlasticsEurope)- Mediterranean Cluster
The Mediterranean Cluster brings together manufacturers, plastics processors from South-East European region: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Malta, Romania, Serbia and Turkey.
- EuPC - European Plastics Converters (Confederation of Plastics Processors in Europe) Benefits offered by ASPAPLAST for it’s members:
- Information, advice and specialized assistance;
- Organization, at international level, of events, business meetings, conferences and symposia, aimed to create and develop business opportunities;
- Statistical data and updated market research in the field;
- Facilities in attending workshops and technical seminars;
- Representation services at international fairs, events and conferences;
- Technical consultancy services by organizing conferences, symposia and debates on various topics of interest;
- Dissemination of EU legislation among Romanian plastic processors and assistance in implementation;
- Providing the possibility to attend, with special discounts, at “Expo Plast”- the only international exhibition in Romania dedicated to plastics processing industry, organized by ASPAPLAST in co-operation with EuroExpo Trade;
- ASPAPLAST at national and international exhibitions
ASPAPLAST is continously interested in educational process of personal working in the plastic processing field, being involved in a permanent dialogue with representatives from the Ministry of National Education, Ministry of Economy and also from tehnical universities in Romania, such as Universities Politehnica of Bucharest and Timisoara, “Dunarea de Jos” University of Galati, etc. Thus, ASPAPLAST co-operates in some projects’ implementation with main goals such as providing integrated services and innovative counseling, mediation and customized engineering training, trying to solve problems related to the training of the workforce in this sector. ASPAPLAST wants to be present among all interested in this countinuos process of competitive specialists’ training in the labor market, in the spirit of its requirements.